Evelo is seeking an experienced Scientist to join our Immunology research team to advance cutting-edge microbiome therapeutic programs. This role will provide Immunology expertise towards developing targeted, microbe-based, immune tolerizing and anti-inflammatory therapeutics to enable successful IND filings. This individual will support and expand our research strategy to conceptualize, design and execute pivotal in vitro and in vivo proof of concept studies in pre-clinical models of autoimmunity and inflammation. Significant cross-functional collaboration with a talented and dedicated group of scientists including microbiologists, cell biologists and immunologists, will ensure a diverse exposure to the drug discovery process.
The successful candidate will advance several aspects of Evelo’s lead preclinical microbial therapeutic programs, using their targeted skill set to accomplish the following responsibilities:
- Design and execution of well-controlled in vitro and in vivo immunologyexperiments
- In-depth characterization of cellular and humoral immune responses in various mouse models of autoimmunity, inflammation and immune tolerance in general
- Develop, execute, and trouble-shoot immunoassays, including in vitro cellular stimulations, flow cytometry, ELISA, and microscopy
- Share and contribute scientific and technical know-how and experience with team members
- D. in the domain of immunology, preferably with focus in autoimmunity, inflammation, tolerance, or vaccines.
- 3-6 years of post-doctoral or biotech/pharma experience in developing and conducting laboratory research
- In-depth knowledge and extensive hands-on experience in mouse models of cellular autoimmunity, primary immune cell characterization, immunoassay development, and protein chemistry
- Proven track-record of scientific accomplishment and contributions to the field of autoimmunity or tolerance research
- Exceptional scientific reporting and documentation proficiency
- She or he should be a dynamic, independent, flexible, well-organized, pro-active, collaborative-minded individual interested in contributing in a hands-on and strategic role to excellent research science in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.