Data Scientist CO-OP
Evelo Biosciences is seeking a Data Scientist CO-OP to join our talented and dedicated team of scientists and engineers in changing the lives of patients around the world in a fast-paced environment. You will have the opportunity to advance cutting-edge programs through state-of-the art informatics and data mining approaches. The successful candidate will be practiced in both computer sciences and life sciences, with a passion for improving health outcomes for patients.
- Wrangle and analyze diverse data sets that support discovery research and pre-clinical and clinical investigations
- Set up bioinformatics pipelines and scientific computing tools for use by scientists
- Share and contribute scientific and technical know-how and experience with team members
- Bachelor of Science degree in a relevant discipline, particularly in Computer Science, Computational Biology, Data Science. Double Majors in the life sciences or Master of Science degree preferred.
- Internship experience involving data analysis. Experience with genomics or clinical data in the drug discovery and development setting preferred.
- Hands-on experience with scientific computing tools including data collection, processing, or visualization. Hadoop, Spark, R, Tableau, MongoDB preferred.
- Experience with scientific reporting and translating complex statistical methods into readily understood and valuable results
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with project teams in different areas of expertise
- Dynamic, flexible, well-organized, pro-active, collaborative-minded individual passionate about improving health outcomes for patients around the world